"I love my life and what I do and would like to help you achieve that goal."
- Kaya, Columbia University Certified Wellness Coach and Founder of Mindfully Nutritious Program.
I love food that is delicious and nutritious. I love to cook, hike, practice yoga, get sun-kissed on the beach, garden, dance, travel, photograph and read.
Living a balanced life, full of love, laughs, friends, happiness, health and success is what I strive for. Let me help you get there too. Many of my clients have one or many of these attributes, but it is the balance that is the goal. That's where I come in.
My passions and experiences with mindful wellness and nutrition encompass my whole life. From a ten year career at Whole Foods Market learning the ins and outs of the supplement and alternative medicine industry to a lifelong commitment to a diet and lifestyle that keeps me healthy and happy.
Along the way I learned that some form of activity was crucial to that commitment. As such I was the brand manager of the Global Yoga Ambassador for adidas. Not only did I travel the world doing yoga in many wonderful places, I saw how a practice positively affected the spirit, confidence and work, together with a diet informed with wisdom.
At Institute for Integrative Nutrition I learned how to teach my own form of Mindful Nutrition from amazing teachers like Dr. Oz, Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Walter Willett, Sally Fallon, David Wolf, Marion Nestle, and more. I studied in depth all the major dietary theories from Macrobiotics, Ayurveda, Raw to Traditional Chinese Medicine principles.
My personal experience, education and career have enabled me to improve lives of my clients. Every day I am grateful for their successes in feeling more energy, sleeping sounder, getting fit, looking and feeling healthier and happier. Once again the key is balance. We find it. We maintain it. We learn to love it enough to never let it go.
- Certified Wellness Coach and Founder of Mindful Nutrition, 2007-present.
- Board Certified Member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, 2008-present.
- Brand Manager for adidas' Global Yoga Ambassador, 2008-2009.
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition / Columbia University Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching Certificate, 2008.
- Studied with Dr. Oz, Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Walter Willett, Sally Fallon, David Wolf, Marion Nestle, and many more.
- Experienced in Vegan, Vegetarian, Macrobiotic, Raw, Omnivore, Blood Type, Ayurvedic, and many more diet and lifestyle theories.
- Trained by 100's of top Nutritional Supplement and Body Care companies, including: New Chapter, Nordic Naturals, Garden of Life, Enzymatic Therapy, Enzymadica, Jarrow, Solgar, Country Life, Metagenics, Bio K, Dr. Hauschka, Borlind, Aura Cacia, Alba Botanica, and many more.
- Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Leader, 1998-2008.
Kudos from my clients:
“Kaya knows so much about health and nutrition and puts me at ease whenever I have concerns or worries about my health or where it might be going. I have never felt better, thank you Kaya!” - Joby Cummings, Artist, Los Angeles, CA
"Kaya is the first person I contact when I have questions about herbal medicine or any dietary questions. I have always trusted Kaya as her knowledge has always been both insightful and very accommodating to my physical needs. I would recommend anyone to her, she is positive, a pleasant person, and full of life!" - Brian Erickson, Creative Director, New York City, NY
"Her wellspring of information is abundant as her passion and dedication to the subjects shines through Kaya as well." - Misty Moore, Life Coach, Dallas, TX
"Kaya's sweet demeanor is rare, refreshing and in perfect alignment with her knowledge. She not only authentically wishes you well, she uses her skills to discover how to help you be well." Sean Day Michael, CEO at SDM/CS Advertising, Los Angeles, CA
"Kaya is a genuinely good person who is also exceptional in the field of Holistic Health. Both knowledgeable and personal, I would recommend Kaya to anyone interested in improving their health and wellbeing." - Michael Malphurs, Owner of Malphurs Interactive, Dallas, TX
"Kaya is a compassionate and intelligent individual as well as a healing nutritionist. She gave me a great foundation on health facts, delicious recipes and inspiration to live a mindful reality. I am forever grateful for her wisdom and thankful for the seeds she has planted for me to grow into the sunflower of my dreams!" Nicole Olmsted, Producer, Los Angeles, CA